Posts Tagged Food
Ranting and venting, with some humor.
In the fallout from the sugar is evil news, now we’ll find out that different foods make a difference in how much weight you put on from Dr. Oz.
One of my favorite things to suggest to the calories in=calories out folks is that they consume all of their calories for a week as straight sugar. I have not found any takers, despite the ubiquitous “just eat less and exercise more” broken record.
There are, however, a number of sites that talk about going off sugar. They are worth going to just for a “but for the grace of God…” ogle. I love this Valentine’s Day post about the joys of unsweetened carob chips. It won’t fly in Whoopie Pie country.
If you’re familiar with my writing, you’ll know I’ve literally put my body where my mouth is. Online, you can read a year of my weight. That’s right, a year, with notations on what makes a difference for me. What did I find? That my weight fluctuates far more than fat accumulation would address. It also DOES NOT correlate to calories in=calories out.
I wish it did. I really do. It would be so simple to just avoid food for a while, but it doesn’t work. So when I see M.D.s peddling that to their patients, I just want to hand them a five pound bag of granulated sugar and say: “Here you go! Think of the cost savings for this week! You get this and water. At the end of the week if you still have a liver and haven’t succumbed to an insulin coma we’ll talk about how food isn’t all equal.”
How do we tell how many calories a food has? We burn it. That’s right. Then measure the amount of heat it gave off. That’s the science behind it. How is that even close to the body process? Maybe if we were tin woodpeople with furnace stomachs it would be accurate.
So could we all legitimately just drop the calories thing? It doesn’t work, it’s never worked. When people lose weight they do so my choosing different foods that do a variety of different things to their bodies. If they lose weight due to those foods, it has much more to do with an extraordinary dance of complexity as the biochemistry of their body shifts than it has to do with what that food gives off as heat when exploded.
- Ten Excercise & Diet Myths (mimentovivere.wordpress.com)
- day 43…Faturday! (womenwithnoexcuses.com)
- Dr. Oz’s Tip For Weight Loss – Cheat! (now100fm.radio.com)
- Crave carbs more than a tax refund? 3 smart swaps from Dr. Oz (examiner.com)
- Dr. Oz weight loss tips (examiner.com)
- No-Nonsense Strategies Of Raspberry Ketone – Some Questions To Pose (nanonewsnet.com)
- The Website You Have to Log Into (soshitech.com)
- Dr. Oz, faith healer (macleans.ca)
- A Tale of Two Oz’s (weightymatters.ca)
- Childhood Overweight and Obesity (education.com)
- Mars puts Snickers, Twix bars on a diet (thechart.blogs.cnn.com)
- Reading Food Labels (enfamil.com)
- Why I weigh and measure… (blackgirlfitness.wordpress.com)
- Why You Are Fat, Dr Oz Explains (rosecityremona.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz Claimed the 500 Calorie HCG Diet is Not Safe; Diet Doc HCG Diet and Weight Loss Program is Different (prweb.com)
- Dr. Oz Evaluates the HCG Diet: Diet Doc HCG Weight Loss Program is the Only HCG Diet That is Doctor Approved (prweb.com)
- Get your best body back with Dr. Oz (examiner.com)