Posts Tagged Dental radiography
In a bizarre twist, the researchers who discovered the risk increase back pedaled even as they announced their findings. They talked about “recall bias” of patients who do have tumors (they are more likely to have thought back to all those dental x-rays and thought…mmmm….I wonder?)and don’t want people to panic.
They also went out of their way to say that this particular brain cancer isn’t actually that bad. (Compared to what? A puppy? Or a grizzly bear?)
Here’s a tip from the rest of us. If you don’t want us to panic, don’t tell us that dental x-rays double our risk of brain cancer.
But of course they do. Radiation increases cancer risk. All radiation. So when you get your head irradiated every year, your chances of getting cancer go from .000001 to .00001 percent. It’s still small, but it’s significant over time.
- Dental X-Rays Linked To Brain Tumors – I Knew It! (blisstree.com)
- Dental x-rays Linked To Common Brain Tumor (revolutioninmedia.wordpress.com)
- Dental X-rays Linked to Brain Tumors (webmd.com)
- Brain Cancer Information (cancercenter.com)
- Brain Cancer Radiation Therapy, Treatment & Side Effects (cancercenter.com)
- Understanding a Brain Tumor Prognosis (everydayhealth.com)
- Brain Cancer Symptoms & Signs (cancercenter.com)
- Cell phones and cancer: Critics say kids risk brain tumors. (abcnews.go.com)
- Cell Phones and Cancer Debate Revived Yet Again (inquisitr.com)
- Donations Made To Angels Among Us and Aimees Army Today To Find A Cure For Brain Cancer/Brain Tumors (haroldcameron.wordpress.com)