So you’re having a get together. And you lost your mind and invited all these different dieters. Or maybe you got back your invitations and read with an ever sinking stomach: “we’ve gone Paleo,” or “we’ve decided animal flesh is immoral,” or even “I’m on a true raw kick. Would it be alright if I brought steak tartare?” So what can you give all these people as a host without permanently damaging your friendship? Not to mention avoiding the problem of having your guests try to kill each other as one of the skirmishes of the diet wars. What can you feed them?
Berries. That’s right. Lots of berries. Tell everyone to bring their own dish of raw meat or whatever, but provide them with clean, washed berries of various sizes and assortments. All of the diets eat berries, and I remember thinking that berries were where Dr. Robert Atkins and Dr. Dean Ornish finally met on a common ground.
I recently did another piece on Dr. Oz’s cancer fighting foods, and I was amazed that again, all your guests with cancer would do fine having berries. They don’t need the Noni, Goji, Hippity-Hoppity berries either. Your standard blue, black, straw, and raspberries will work just fine.
So bring out the berries and hide the steak knives. Keep everyone focused on the game and away from the ins and outs of what they’re eating. If they look around at everyone else chowing down, they might even realize we’re all one big dysfunctional family after all. Or they’ll maintain the delusional that everyone else is a paleo-raw-forager like themselves. Whatever avoids bloodshed.
- 10 Days in the RAW! (edo-ergo-sum.com)
- Paleo Treats (texaskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Paleo vegan for 40 days (mreynajr.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Epiphany (sleepeatgymrepeat.com)
- Robb Wolf on Paleo (primalcut.wordpress.com)
- Eating Clean vs Paleo (sleepeatgymrepeat.com)
- A Fruitarian Experience (beyondthedepths.wordpress.com)
- The LLVLC Show (Episode 572): Dr. Dag Viljen Poleszynski Champions Paleo Low-Carb Living In Norway (livinlavidalowcarb.com)
- Embracing The Fuitarian Lifestyle by The Twin (beyondthedepths.wordpress.com)
- Day 59: A Paleo Recap (90daysofcrossfit.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz’s Cancer Fighting Supplements Checked Out. (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- Letter: Go vegan for better health, and save money, too (tcpalm.com)
- Fruitarians From Across The Globe Gather Together To Increase Planetary Well-Being (prweb.com)
- Use These Vegan Gelatin Alternatives For Your Summer Salads (blisstree.com)
- Weekly Round Up (highbrowpaleo.com)
- Dr. Dean Ornish asks, “To what degree do you want to make a lifestyle change?” (markshimada.wordpress.com)