I was looking about at Maine Naturopathic Doctors, a topic of personal interest. According to a website that gives averages of salaries for every job, everywhere, Naturopathic doctors in Presque Isle make an average of 56k a year, with options to earn more far more.
Very disturbing, because I know for a fact that we have no N.D.s currently in Presque Isle. My current location, Augusta, isn’t even listed on the averages charts, so evidently the four of us who practice locally don’t exist.
But in this case I have a very real sounding number, based on absolutely nothing at all. How much of our current debates about finances and public policy are based on averages that fail to even come close to touching reality anywhere?
Now, I’m thinking about moving to Presque Isle if I can get this averages website to give me some guarantees about my possible salary.
- New take on medical practice? Try Old Style N.D.s (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- Five Questions for Dec. 8, 2011: Amy Cole (troyrecord.com)
- Favorite Naturopathic doctor: Dr. Pamela Frank (torontoforbeginners.wordpress.com)
- Sand Lake native offers a natural way to heal (troyrecord.com)
- Limitless Spotlight – Dr. Joanne Day (livingalimitlesslife.wordpress.com)
- Alternative Healthcare Patients Use Fewer Healthcare Dollars (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- A bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils (drklemmnd.com)