Posts Tagged Surgery
Don’t worry, you don’t have to open up your own belly. Sewing that back together can be tricky, especially if you can’t see over the top.
Instead, you get to drink something that halves your stomach size! That’s right, we’ve got something so caustic your belly will basically shrivel up. Side effects? Well, we’re bypassing studies because it’s a diet supplement.
As you can imagine, I was pretty interested in what they were going to put in a drink to make the stomach shrivel up. It wasn’t nitric acid (you’d need to put that in capsules) or cayenne (that would just burn, period. If you wanted that it’s called the Malaysian diet.) It turns out to be relatively boring, really.
What Roca Labs is selling is basically non-digestable gum that fills your stomach and makes you less hungry. This will work as long as you keep filling your stomach and don’t force more food in. If you did, your stomach would expand. Then you’d eat MORE food without being hungry as soon as you stopped the gum.
So, the only really shocking thing about this diet is the price. $480 for some gum. Yikes!
- Understanding Why Gastric Bypass Surgery Causes Hair Loss (mindfulconsideration.wordpress.com)
- Understanding Why Gastric Bypass Surgery Causes Hair Loss (inspired-weightloss.com)
- True Story: “Gastric Bypass Saved My Life” (blisstree.com)
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Less Helpful for Diabetics (time.com)
- Gastric Bypasses Destroy Lap-bands in Head to Head Study! (weightymatters.ca)
- Gastric Bypass Hypnosis Helps People Lose Weight, Without Surgery (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Star Jones Returns to The View, Discusses “Ugly” Departure and Lies About Gastric Bypass (clutchmagonline.com)
- Weighing The Options, Which Weight Loss Procedure Is Best? (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Lottery winner spends (mya.co.uk)
- Gastric Bypass Surgery (Not A Healthy Choice) (mytopweightloss.wordpress.com)
- Gastric Bypass Surgery (Not A Healthy Choice) (fromgastricbandtofitness.com)
- Gastric bypass good, but not perfect for controlling diabetes (scienceblog.com)